- Click On Orange Button Above For Free 'Insider' Praxis II Report
Five Steps To Pass The Praxis II Social Studies Exam
Why Should You Take Steps To Pass?
You’ve had to work hard to become a teacher. Now the only thing left is to pass the Praxis II Social Studies Exam. The best way to do it? Invest in a study guide or practice test book NOW!
Don’t let this be you:
- “I feel like I will never pass this test. If I don’t pass this next time I feel like I am done.”
- “I just took it for a 3rd time and pretty sure I didn’t pass.”
- “I am ALWAYS coming up short by like 3-5 points. It is getting me very frustrated and feeling like I will never pass.”
Read the blogs. Go on teacher forums. You’ll find the same frustrations repeated over and over related to Praxis study guides and practice tests that sorely disappointed them.
Don’t be frustrated like them! Take these 5 steps to pass the Praxis II Social Studies Exam the 1st time!
Links To Praxis II Practice Tools And Tactics
- Praxis II Practice Test
- Praxis II Study Guide
- Praxis II Elementary Education
- Praxis II PLT K-6
- Praxis II PLT 7-12
- Praxis II Test
- Praxis II Prep
- Praxis II Math
- Praxis II Middle School Math
- Praxis General Science
- Praxis II Middle School Science
- Praxis II Social Studies
- Praxis II How To Pass
- Praxis II English Language Arts
- Praxis II Special Education
- Praxis II Chemistry
- Praxis II Physical Education
- Praxis II History
- Praxis II Business Education
- Praxis II Preparation
- Praxis II School Psychology
- Praxis II Study
- Praxis II SLP
- Pass Now
Step 1: Don’t Try To Do It Alone!
The Praxis II Social Studies test is high stakes. People fail. How many? The best information says over 10%. Doesn’t sound like much—unless you’re part of that 10%!
One of the ETS (Educational Testing Services) Frequently Asked Questions is this: “What other resources exist to help me if I’m having trouble passing a Praxis test?” FREQUENTLY ASKED?
- If you have trouble passing the Praxis II, a retake costs $120-146.
- It also cost time.
- Time waiting for your score—just a raw score
- Time finding out you didn’t pass.
- Time retaking the test . . .maybe more than once.
Why do this alone? Why not take steps toward passing BEFORE you take the test?
Praxis II Social Studies study guides exist. As the tests are revised, so are the study guides. You can take the first step to passing the test by investing in a good study guide.
Practice test books are available, too. They can be used alone or with a study guide, multiplying your chances of knowing the material on the Praxis II Social Studies exam.
Step 2: Know The Praxis II Test AND Its CONTENT!
Different states require different tests. There are two Praxis II Social Studies tests for beginning secondary teachers. You must learn about the test that YOUR state requires.
- Social Studies Content Knowledge (5081)
- Includes 3 constructed response questions & 90 selected response questions
- Social Studies Content and Interpretation (5086)
- Includes 130 selected response questions
Both exams test the knowledge a beginning secondary social studies teacher should have. Don’t be fooled by the word “beginning”: these Praxis II Social Studies tests are difficult!
Read this blog post: “Anybody have any study material or suggestions? This test is the only test that’s in my way of internship.” Why is the test in the way?
You may be an expert on geography or economics, but how about history, both U.S. and world? Face it, there is a lot of content that could be on your test!
How can you prepare for a test over the whole social studies content area?
ETS provides a pdf “Test Specifications” Outline of the test. It doesn’t tell you what the questions will be, but it does show you the topics that the test may cover.
You need to know what will be on this Praxis II high-stakes test. How else can you choose the best test prep materials? The ones that will help you pass on your FIRST try!
Step 3: Before You Buy Materials, Know Your Skills!
Wouldn’t it be great if you could brag about your score on the Praxis II Social Studies test? No doubt. But many test-takers miss the cut-off by 3, 4, or 5 points!
You simply need to pass the first time. That’s the goal!
Before you begin searching for Praxis II study guides or practice tests, know your own skills. This may seem silly, but it’s important. Who are YOU as a test-taker?
- Freaked out by high-stakes tests?
- Overwhelmed by the amount of material that’s on the test?
- Lousy at timed tests?
- Hopeless at choosing the right answer?
- Older, so it’s been awhile since you’ve taken a test?
Like so many other Praxis II test-takers, your challenges are the test itself, not the material.
Admit that test-taking is NOT your strength.
Then, look for test-prep help that does double duty. For you, that means you need Praxis II Social Studies materials that let you study content and improve your test-taking skills!
Step 5: Know How To Choose The Best Study Manuals And Practice Tests
Every teacher must take these high-stakes tests. That’s why there are so many study guides and practice tests that will help you to pass the Praxis II Social Studies test.
There are so many, how can you choose the one that is right for you?
Ask these questions before you buy!
Does this test-prep material
- prep for the current test(check the text, not just the copyright)
- base questions on actual material that ETS tests (check Step 2 above)
- have errors or typos (read online reviews)
- clearly explain both right and wrong answers
- allow more than one opportunity to practice the test or answer questions
- give study tips that will help YOU gain skills and confidence
It’s Up To YOU To Study Wisely!
Remember that you are not the only one to take high-stakes tests like the Praxis II. Once you have purchased your materials, use these techniques to study. If taking tests freaks you out, try this;
- Use many short sessions with some time between Doing this allows your long-term memory to store information. Don’t cram for days.
- One full-length practice test taken between 1 and 6 days before the final test has the most impact. Make sure you have more than one practice test available and save it for 1-6 days before you take the test!
- Use an alarm. Get used to the time it takes you to process and answer questions
- Set aside 20-40 minute chunks of time to focus with NO cell phones or other distractions
- As you take the test, place a star by the questions that take Then look closer at those Praxis II questions. What do they have in common?
- material you did not know
- tricky wording
- confusing phrasing
- more than one answer seems correct
- Then analyze the answers, even if you chose the correct answer: look for patterns in questions and answers to find the words, phrases, or types of questions that “trick” you. Dig deeper to find out why you chose the right and wrong answers for the questions!
- After each session, take a 5-10 minute break to stretch, snack, or check your cell ONLY at that time.
You know you were meant to be a teacher. If the Praxis II Social Studies exam is all that’s standing in your way, use these 5 steps to reach your goal!