- Click On Orange Button Above For Free 'Insider' Praxis II Report
Praxis Elementary Education – Top 5 Tips To Pass Quicker And Easier Now
Ready to take the Praxis Elementary Education test?
Are you sure?
Blogs and teacher forums are full of candidates who can’t pass the Praxis Elementary Education. They’re stuck and unable to move forward in their teaching career. That’s even after weeks (or even months) of Praxis exam practice.
Many beg for help because they’ve failed the exams multiple times. Why?
Praxis Elementary Education Practice Test And Study Guide Reviews – Common Complaints
Read these comments from the teacher’s forum atozteacherstuff.com:
- “. . . all of the material that I studied was not on the test.”
- “I always had a hard time taking tests. Any suggestions on what else I can do?”
- “Failing this test multiple times myself, really made me feel defeated!!”
These Elementary Education exams may be basic, but they’re not easy!
Remember: this is YOUR only chance to pass the first time.
Do that with these 5 Tips to Pass the Praxis Elementary Education!
Praxis Elementary Education Practice Tip #1:
The number 1 tip is to realize WHAT you need to study to pass your Elementary Education exams. Great Praxis Elementary Education practice tests and best Praxis study guides help you know WHAT to study! Choose them based upon the test you’re required to take.
Introduction To The Praxis Elementary Education Tests
Check the Elementary Education exam you must take or your state at the ETS website. Here is a list of the possibilities in alphabetical order:
- Applied Content Knowledge for Teaching (7901) = 4 subtests: Reading and Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
- Content Knowledge (5018) = Reading, Math, Language Arts, Science
- Content Knowledge for Teaching (7801) 4 subtests: Reading and Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (5017) = Reading and Language Arts; Mathematics; Language Arts; Science; Social Studies; Art, Music, and Physical Education
- Instructional Practice and Applications (5019) = Reading and Language Arts; Mathematics; Language Arts; Science; Social Studies; Art, Music, and Physical Education; 2 applications (short content essays)
- Multiple Subjects (5001)= 4 subtests: Reading and Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
The ETS website has a PDF study companion that gives a breakdown of the percentage of questions in each subject for each test. It also gives you the framework for the test so you can see WHAT will be on each test.
The Praxis Elementary Education study guide or practice test you choose should be based on YOUR test’s current framework. The tests are revised at times, so make sure any test prep material is up to date and matches YOUR test’s content.
Don’t suffer like the candidate who failed because “. . . all of the material that I studied was not on the test.”
By studying what’s on YOUR test, you improve your chances of passing your Elementary Education exam.
Praxis Elementary Education Study Tip #2:
The number 2 tip is to realize HOW you need to study.
Whether frustrated teacher candidates have failed the Praxis 1 time or 7 times, they all want to pass next time.
They ask their peers HOW to pass: “I always had a hard time taking tests. Any suggestions on what else I can do?” What do their peers say?
Purchase the right study materials!
You can skip the failure. Study the smart way to pass the Praxis Elementary Education the first time.
- Purchase a Praxis Elementary Education practice test and prep guide that match YOUR ETS exam. (*see Tip#1, above!)
- Be picky: look for any typos or errors
- Be careful: the copyright date must be current and contents should look like YOUR test
- Don’t just go for cheap or second-hand materials: think of passing your Elementary Education exam
- Then, use your time wisely
- Set aside 20-40 minute chunks of time each week to work in your Praxis Elementary Education study guide or practice exam
- NO cell phones or other distractions
- As you take the Praxis Elementary Education practice tests, mark the questions that take longer. Then look closer at those question. What do they have in common?
- material you did not know
- tricky wording
- confusing phrasing
- more than one answer seems correct
- Analyze the answers, even if you chose the correct answer: look for patterns in questions and answers to find the words, phrases, or types of questions that “trick” you.
- Read the explanations for each of those “trick” questions or “answers” to know why you were “tricked”
- After each session, take a 5-10 minute break to stretch, snack, or check your cell at that time.
If you have “always had trouble taking tests”, maybe YOU need to invest time in learning HOW to take the test!
Praxis Elementary Education Practice Tip #3:
The number 3 tip is to realize WHEN you need to study.
This is easy: NOW!
Don’t make the mistake of waiting to purchase quality Praxis preparation materials or buy them and wait to use them! The sooner you find the right Praxis Elementary Education study guide or practice tests, the more you can follow the rules on WHEN to study:
- Set up a schedule so you can use your study guide or practice test regularly
- Use many short sessions to help you remember what you’ve studied
- Schedule some time between study or practice sessions to store the information better
- Use more than one elementary education practice test, because practice DOES make perfect—or at least, better
- Save a practice test for the week before the final test to get the most impact on your score
This tip is based on new research on taking high-stakes tests. Use it to pass your Elementary Education Praxis !
Praxis Elementary Education Prep Tip #4:
The number 4 tip is to realize WHERE you need to study.
You know that part of your job as a teacher is to teach students how to learn. Part of that is teaching them to study. But do YOU know the best Praxis Elementary Education study tips?
Does this sound like you: “I always had a hard time taking tests. Any suggestions on what else I can do?” If it does, review these study tips:
The best test-prep materials will tell you to study in a place that is just like the testing place.
- Is it quiet?
- Is your cell phone turned off? (Be honest!)
- Is it free from other distractions?
- Is there a way to time yourself during practice tests?
Make your study place LIKE the testing center. Don’t make the Praxis harder than it already is!
Links To Praxis II Prep Tools And Tactics
- Free Praxis Practice Test Secrets
- Free Praxis Study Guide Reviews
- Praxis Test
- Praxis Prep
- Praxis Math
- Praxis General Science
- Praxis Middle School Science
- Praxis Social Studies
- Praxis English Language Arts
- Praxis Special Education
- Praxis Chemistry
- Praxis Physical Education
- Praxis History
- Praxis Biology
- Praxis Business Education
- Praxis Teaching Reading
- Praxis School Psychology
- Praxis SLP
- Praxis Practice Test
- Praxis Study Guide
- Praxis Elementary Education
- Praxis Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects 5001
- Praxis Elementary Education: Content Knowledge 5018
- Praxis PLT K-6
- Praxis PLT 7-12
Praxis Elementary Education Practice Tip #5:
The number 5 tip is to realize WHY you need to use a study guide or practice questions.
Still not convinced you need help?
Read these comments from the teacher’s forum A to Z Teacher Stuff:
- “I’m just sick over my Praxis 5001.”
- “Failing this test multiple times myself, really makes you feel defeated!”
These two comments echo so many disappointed teacher candidates!
Use their failures to motivate YOU to succeed!
Even the ETS (Education Testing Service) explains its test scoring this way: “To help you in future study or in preparing to retake the test, your score report shows how many ‘raw points’ you earned. . .The greater the difference, the greater the opportunity to improve your score by further study.”
- So, the ETS tries to help ease the pain of failure by showing you how to pass next time.
You DON’T need to improve your score if you pass the first time!
Choose a Praxis Elementary Education practice exam or book that can help you to pass! Then follow the Top 5 Tips to pass the test the 1st time!
After all the work you’ve done to teach, don’t let the Praxis stand in your way!
Start studying for success NOW!
Author: Mark Dahlson
Last updated: 03/21/2020