- Click On Orange Button Above For Free 'Insider' Praxis II Report
Preparing For Your Praxis Principles Of Learning And Teaching K-6 Exam
Ever since states mandated the Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching Exam, teacher candidates have worried about passing it! Why?
The Praxis PLT K-6 (5622) is a high-stakes test that covers the CONTENT of EVERY EDUCATION COURSE YOU EVER HAD! If you fail it, you waste time and money, delaying your first day of teaching.
Lucky for you, PLT K-6 test-takers have shared their Praxis study methods. Learn from their mistakes!
Do any of these sound like YOU?
- “I took an alternate route to teaching and have not had formal schooling on history and principles of teaching”
- “I wish I would have purchased [the study guide] from the beginning, I had to wait a whole semester to finish because of this test”
- “I failed to pay attention to time therefore not even getting to the last case study”
- “I am not a writer. This is a 2 hr essay test”
If YOU don’t want to experience the frustrations of these former test-takers, use their experiences to overcome the obstacles that may be in YOUR way.
Review WHAT IS ON the exam, HOW TO TAKE the exam, and HOW TO PASS the exam by using study guides or practice tests.
If you TAKE THE TIME to overcome these obstacles NOW, YOU will pass the Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching Exam K-6 the first time!
Links To Praxis II Practice Tools And Tactics
- Praxis II Practice Test
- Praxis II Study Guide
- Praxis II Elementary Education
- Praxis II PLT K-6
- Praxis II PLT 7-12
- Praxis II Test
- Praxis II Prep
- Praxis II Math
- Praxis II Middle School Math
- Praxis General Science
- Praxis II Middle School Science
- Praxis II Social Studies
- Praxis II How To Pass
- Praxis II English Language Arts
- Praxis II Special Education
- Praxis II Chemistry
- Praxis II Physical Education
- Praxis II History
- Praxis II Business Education
- Praxis II Preparation
- Praxis II School Psychology
- Praxis II Study
- Praxis II SLP
- Pass Now
Overcoming Obstacle #1: What Is On The Test?
The Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching Exam K-6 (5622) tests pedagogy. This 120-minute exam tests YOUR knowledge of educational practices of ALL grades, kindergarten through grade 6.
You KNOW that kindergarteners are much different than 6th graders! Yet this test expects you will know these things about EACH of the K-6 grade students you may meet: students as learners (22.5%); instructional process (22.5%); assessment (15%).
The Praxis PLT K-6 also tests your knowledge of professional development, leadership and community (15%).
There are 70 selected response questions and 4 constructed response questions.
The ETS suggests using 70 minutes for selected response part and 50 minutes for the 4 constructed response questions. You’ll be given 2 case histories to read for the 4 constructed response questions.
Your 4 written answers will count for 25% of the total score of your test.
Here are some names and theories that could be on your test. Can YOU remember these names AND their theories? Bloom. Kohlberg. Bruner. Erikson. Watson.
What about terminology of assessment tools?
Whether this is your second career and you NEVER learned these theories and terms
It’s been two years or more since your introduction to these theories and terms
You NEED help to review what is on the test!
- Start at the Educational Testing System (ETS) Study Companion pages found here: https://www.ets.org/s/praxis/pdf/5622.pdf
- Read the WHOLE section “Learn About Your Test” (*It’s 9 PAGES! Read Carefully!)
- This is the MAP of the pedagogy, or “the art, science, or profession of teaching” that is on the test
- Once you have read the WHOLE 9 pages, print them out
- Reread each page. Mark EACH SEGMENT with these marks:
- question mark (? = I’m not sure I know this)
- check mark (√ = I got this)
- If you’re like most teacher candidates, you will have A LOT of question marks: you UNDERSTAND the theories and terms, but you need a refresher
- Now you know WHAT is on the test AND what you must study
But how do you study for this high-stakes test?
Listen to your peers. Practice the theories, the pacing AND the constructed responses. Pass the Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching Exam K-6 the first time by using the best study materials and practice tests for YOU!
Overcoming Obstacle #2: How Do I Take The Test?
Take the test knowing you will pass. How? Use the study guides and practice tests designed specifically to help YOU review the content AND learn how to take this high-stakes exam!
There are so many practice tests and study materials out there, how can YOU find the right ones?
You have already completed the first step by finding out WHAT you need to study.
Step Two: look for test-prep materials that will teach you what you DON’T know!
- Look at your list of check marks on the test-spec pages you printed
- Good test-prep materials should help you refresh your memory about these items quickly
- Now focus on the names and theories you may not know: the BEST test-prep study guides and practice tests will help you to focus on those question marks
- Match your question marks to the study materials available
Yes, but you also need to follow these tips about choosing test prep materials:
Overcoming Obstacle #3: How Do I Pass The Test?
Once you have the best study guides and practice tests, use them wisely to pass the Praxis PLT K-6 Exam the first time.
The Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching Exam K-6 (5622) tests pedagogy, but it also tests YOUR ABILITY TO TAKE TESTS.
NOW is the time to use all of the scientific research on test-taking to pass YOUR Praxis PLT!
Look Forward To A Bright Future!
The Praxis PLT 5622 doesn’t have to stand in the way of YOUR goals!
If you know what is on the test, what YOU need to study, and how to take the test, you are on your way to passing the Praxis Principles of Teaching and Learning K-6 the first time!