Praxis 5018 Elementary Education Content Knowledge – 5 Steps To Pass Quicker And Easier
- I haven’t had a math class in years!
- I’ve heard the new Praxis 5018 is difficult!
- I can’t afford to fail the Praxis 5018 and wait 21 days to retake it!
These teacher candidates’ worries are real. High stakes tests like the Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge 5018 can cause you to panic.
How can you learn the content and pass the whole test the FIRST time you take it?
That’s easy: face your fears and get on with your career by starting NOW!
Take a deep breath. Then begin your journey to a great elementary education career.
Use these 5 steps you’ll not only pass the first time, it’ll be a faster and less stressful experience!
Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge 5018 Action Step #1: Find Out What’s On The Exam
The basic exam structure outline is listed on the ets.org website.
Look at the Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge study guide listed as: “Study Companion” on the official ETS website. It’s a great start to your test prep.
Here’s the breakdown of the Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge 5018:
- The Reading and Language Arts Exam has 49 questions, or 35% of the test.
- The Mathematics Exam has 41 questions, or 29% of the test.
- The Social Studies Exam has 25 questions, or 18% of the test.
- The Science Exam has 25 questions, or 18% of the test.
You may be tempted to stop there. After all, how difficult can a multiple choice test for elementary teachers be?
Difficult enough to put a hold on your career if you don’t pass!
You need MORE information. It’s available by scrolling farther on the Praxis study companion page.
It’s essential that you read the entire 10-page “Test Specifications” segment to KNOW the EXAM long before you intend to take the Praxis!
More importantly, you must Learn What You DON’T KNOW on the Praxis 5018.
Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge Action Step #2: Learn What You DON’T Know On The 5018 Exam
Print out the 10-page “Test Specifications” section. This section is so important to you because
- It’s your Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge study guide blueprint for the test.
- It’s the blueprint that SHOWS you what YOU need to KNOW to PASS.
- It’s the blueprint for finding a Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge practice test and book that meet YOUR needs.
Once you’ve printed the “Test Specifications” you’re ready to find the areas you must focus on to pass the Praxis 5018.
Take this slowly, one section at a time.
Get a highlighter. Read through the Reading and Language Arts Content Knowledge and Skills Part A: Reading Foundational Skills.
For this important step, highlight each area that makes you pause and wonder whether you understand that skill.
Again, take your time. Be honest! You’d rather highlight ALL the areas than leave some unmarked because you are embarrassed to admit that you don’t remember the skill!
Go slowly. Take one section at a time. When you’re done, you’re on your way to passing the Praxis Elementary Content Exam the first time.
Your next step? If you highlighted ANY areas, YOU need help studying. The next step will help you choose the best test-prep material for the Praxis 5018.
Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge Action Step #3: Get The BEST Help To Prepare
Any Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge practice test or prep guide will help you SOMEWHAT. But why not choose the BEST study guides and practice tests to prepare YOU to pass the 5018?
|Find study guides that match the Praxis 5018 “Test Specifications.”||Buy before you read 5018 test prep reviews from real test-takers!|
|Seek study guides that focus on YOUR 5018 highlighted “problem” areas.||Buy outdated review material: Praxis tests go through periodic revisions.|
|Find Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge study guides that include more than 1 practice test. Research says practice tests are the best prep!||Limit your studies to just one type of test-prep material. Look for Praxis 5018 flashcards, practice questions, study guides, tutors, study groups and online extra help!|
|Choose Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge 5018 practice tests with clear explanations for right and wrong answers.||Settle for 5018 test study manuals with typos or wrong answers!|
|Find tips to take Praxis multiple choice questions.||Buy Praxis study guides with generic tips.|
|Take your time to choose the BEST materials for you!||Forget to find prep books with multiple chances to take a Praxis 5018 practice test.|
It’s your right to be picky about preparation materials!
Research shows that 5018 practice tests can be the best prep materials for high stakes tests.
- Practice tests can show you what you REALLY don’t know. Sometimes we don’t realize what we DON’T know—even though we’ve used the highlighter on our “Test Specs.”
- Practice tests that match the real Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge can let you practice the material AND your test-taking skills.
Does that mean Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge study books, flashcards or online help won’t work for you? No. It just means that practice tests should be part of YOUR preparation for this this test.
No matter what YOUR test-prep needs are, the important thing is to BEGIN your preparation. Though your 5018 study materials will help, there are some specifics to know about each content area of the Praxis test.
Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge Action Step #4: Study To Get A Passing Score NOT Waste Time
You’ve heard it before: don’t study hard, study smart.
It makes sense. After years of high stakes tests, lots of research has been done on test-prep. Why not use it?
Once you have Praxis 5018 practice materials and review guides, use them wisely:
- Set up a daily schedule to study.
- Don’t wait to begin using your Elementary Education Content Knowledge study guide
- Use small chunks of study time (20-40 minutes works)
- Don’t cram!
- Take 1 Elementary Education Content Knowledge practice exam early on
- Use results to find your weak spots
- Read the explanations of correct AND incorrect answers carefully
- Look for patterns in the questions AND answers you get incorrect
- Learn from those TEST mistakes (different from CONTENT mistakes)
- Leave time between Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge practice tests
- 1 day up to 1 week works well
- Time allows you to absorb explanations of correct AND incorrect answers
- Use the time to focus on difficult content skill areas
- Mimic the exam itself
- Find a quiet place to take your practice tests
- NO CELLPHONES or other distractions
- Use the REAL time for each test
- Practice the pace and NOTE the questions or answers that take longer than others
- Look for patterns in those time-consuming questions: is it CONTENT or WORDING that confuses you
Links To Praxis II Prep Tools And Tactics
- Free Praxis Practice Test Secrets
- Free Praxis Study Guide Reviews
- Praxis Test
- Praxis Prep
- Praxis Math
- Praxis General Science
- Praxis Middle School Science
- Praxis Social Studies
- Praxis English Language Arts
- Praxis Special Education
- Praxis Chemistry
- Praxis Physical Education
- Praxis History
- Praxis Biology
- Praxis Business Education
- Praxis Teaching Reading
- Praxis School Psychology
- Praxis SLP
- Praxis Practice Test
- Praxis Study Guide
- Praxis Elementary Education
- Praxis Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects 5001
- Praxis Elementary Education: Content Knowledge 5018
- Praxis PLT K-6
- Praxis PLT 7-12
Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge 5018 Action Step #5: Final Test Prep And Test Taking Advice
If you’ve followed the steps this far, you have only 1 step left to take to get a passing score .
These helpful hints will prepare you to take the 5018.
- 35% of the test is on Reading and Language Arts content. KNOW this content!
- 29% of the test is on Mathematics. The on-line scientific calculator is on the ETS site: practice using it BEFORE the test!
- Balance your studies so you don’t forget about Social Studies and Science. Together, they comprise 36% of the Praxis 5018.
- Guess your BEST when you’re unsure: wrong answers don’t count against you, but an unanswered question CAN’T count toward your passing score!
- Leave 1 Praxis Elementary Education Content Knowledge 5018 practice test for the week before you take your exam. Research shows that can boost your score on the real test.
Just be sure to stir-clear of free Praxis practice tests online as they are notorious for wasting teacher candidates time and causing them to fail.
These 5 steps will take time and energy. But use that time and energy NOW to Pass the Praxis 5018 Elementary Education Content Knowledge test.
Then, you can spend all of your time and energy preparing for your elementary classroom!
Author: Mark Dahlson
Last updated: 03/21/2020