- Click On Orange Button Above For Free 'Insider' Praxis II Report
Praxis 5001 Elementary Education Multiple Subjects – 5 Easy Steps To Pass Faster Now
- Are you a nervous wreck, wondering how to get a passing score on the Praxis 5001?
- Are you changing careers, so it’s been a long time since you’ve learned the subjects tested on the Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects 5001 test?
- Or is your career on the line if you fail the Praxis 5001?
Don’t let this exam stand in the way of your teaching career!
Achieve a passing score faster and with less effort following these 5 steps.
Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects Step #1: Learn What’s Really On The Test
The Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects has 245 questions on 4 subjects. It’s timed.
If all you know is this information, no wonder you are a nervous wreck!
It is vital that you:
- dig deeper to know the standards tested in each category.
- give yourself the gift of TIME to learn those standards.
- get help to review your weakest areas.
Step 1: Go to ETS’s “Study Companion” at the official website. Print out the test specs for ALL 4 subjects.
Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects Step #2: Learn What You Already Know
Each subtest for the Elementary Education Multiple Subjects 5001 lists the skills YOU MUST KNOW!
Highlight and check to Learn What You Already Know:
- Read each subtest’s list of skills.
- Confident about a skill? It earns a checkmark.
- Unsure about the skill? Highlight it!
Here’s a breakdown of the subtests on the Multiple Subjects. NOTE: All are Selected-Response (multiple choice) questions.
|Subtests of the Praxis 5001||Reading and Language Arts (5002)||Mathematics (5003)||Social Studies (5004)||Science (5005)|
# of questions
|Content Areas||Reading and Writing, Speaking & Listening||Numbers & Operations; Algebraic Thinking; and Geometry & Measurement, Data, Statistics & Probability||US History, Government & Citizenship; Geography, Anthropology & Sociology; and World History & Economics||Earth Science,
Life Science and Physical Science
|Type of questions (all are some type of multiple choice)||Single answer, multiple answer, grid, & order matching||Single answer, multiple answer & numeric entry||Single answer||Single answer|
|% of questions in areas||Nearly equal||40% Numbers & Operations;
30% both of the other sections
|45% on US History, Gov’t & Citizenship||All 3 = 33%|
|Pacing per question (approximate)||1 minute||1 ½ minutes||Only 1 minute||1 ½ minutes|
|Of special interest||Practice with the Praxis on-line scientific calculator||Many test-takers say this is the most difficult subtest: so much information that’s inter-related||Practice with the Praxis on-line scientific calculator|
Now you know
- What’s on the Praxis 5001 AND
- YOUR strengths and weaknesses.
But CAN YOU BE SURE you’ll study the right material?
Learn your REAL weaknesses in the 5001 subtests!
Find the best Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects 5001 study guides and Praxis II review questions to help YOU! And my that I do NOT
mean free Praxis II practice test questions online. “Free” study materials are free because they
are worth anything. They can actually send your test preparation focus in the wrong direction and lead you to failure.
Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects Step #3: Find The Best Study Materials For YOU To Pass
Praxis Multiple Subjects practice tests and Praxis study guide books you get should address EVERY skill you have highlighted as weak. But they should do more.
Use YOUR printout of the test specifications, or BLUEPRINT of the Praxis 5001.
Add this test-prep research to choose the BEST preparation materials for YOU.
|Find Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects 5001 study guides that match the skills blueprint.||Buy before you read Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects study guide reviews from real test-takers!|
|Seek review materials that focus on YOUR Praxis highlighted “problem” areas.||Buy outdated preparation books. The Praxis is revised!|
|Find prep guides that include more than 1 Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects practice exam. Research says practice tests are the best prep!||Limit your studies to just one type of test-prep material. Look for Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects flashcards, tutors, study groups, practice tests, study guides and online extra help!|
|Choose Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects practice questions with clear explanations for right and wrong answers.||Settle for study manuals with typos or wrong answers!|
|Find sample tests that match the CORRECT number and percentage of questions for EACH subtest!||Buy Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects practice guides with general tips: look for tips on pacing with CORRECT times for each subtest!|
|Focus your search on the 5004 Praxis Social Studies subtest, the 5003 Praxis Science subtest or the subtest that’s YOUR weakest!||Buy test-prep materials that don’t focus on YOUR weak areas. Don’t spend lots of cash on study guides that focus on your strongest areas!|
Stop procrastinating and risking your teaching career! Purchase the BEST Praxis 5001 Elementary Education Multiple Subjects study guide and practice test for YOU!
Research shows that your preparation for high stakes tests can reduce your test anxiety. So start preparing NOW!
Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects Step #4: Learn What You DON’T Know
This step on the journey to passing the first time requires these things:
- YOUR blueprint.
- Checkmarks/highlighting of YOUR strengths and weaknesses.
- Praxis 5001 study materials.
- Plenty of Praxis sample questions.
- Dedicated, scheduled time to study!
Once again, read the research:
The IES (Institute of Education Sciences) finds “most learners. . . typically overestimate how well they have mastered material when they are finished studying.”
Here’s where YOU master the material to pass the first time!
Start by using one Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects practice exam and your list to find those weak areas. Remember: your review resources should include a practice test that is based on the REAL exam.
The Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects 5001 practice test should have 4 subtests. The subtests should have the same amount of questions AND take the same amount of time as the genuine ETS assessment.
Now, do this:
- Set aside one day OR four periods of time (60 minutes to 90 minutes) for each section.
- Find a place like the test site (quiet; no cell phones; a timer) at home OR at the library.
- Take the practice test.
- Check your answers.
- Ask yourself:
- Did I accurately assess my weakest areas?
- Did I—as research suggests—overestimate what I know?
- Or did I underestimate my skills?
This important step will help you create a Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects study plan. That plan will help you to pass the first time!
Links To Praxis II Prep Tools And Tactics
- Free Praxis Practice Test Secrets
- Free Praxis Study Guide Reviews
- Praxis Test
- Praxis Prep
- Praxis Math
- Praxis General Science
- Praxis Middle School Science
- Praxis Social Studies
- Praxis English Language Arts
- Praxis Special Education
- Praxis Chemistry
- Praxis Physical Education
- Praxis History
- Praxis Biology
- Praxis Business Education
- Praxis Teaching Reading
- Praxis School Psychology
- Praxis SLP
- Praxis Practice Test
- Praxis Study Guide
- Praxis Elementary Education
- Praxis Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects 5001
- Praxis Elementary Education: Content Knowledge 5018
- Praxis PLT K-6
- Praxis PLT 7-12
Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects Step #5: Final Test Prep Tactics You Need To Pass
Once you KNOW what you DON’T KNOW, use research to get the most out of your Elementary Education Multiple Subjects books and practice materials.
A recent meta-analysis of 118 articles that researched practice testing shows how YOU can pass:
- Use many short practice sessions (Bucknell Teaching & Learning Practice says 20-40 minutes).
- Take time between the sessions (5-10 minutes).
- NO cell phones or other distractions.
- Read ALL of the explanations for both correct and incorrect answers.
- Learn the words, phrases or types of questions that confuse you or take much more time.
- Mark the questions that take more time than others and look for that pattern (is it the Skill you don’t understand or is the same type of question confusing you every time?).
Finally, remember that test-taking is a skill!
Like many teacher candidates found out, you may know the content, but if you don’t know how to take the Praxis Elementary Education Multiple Subjects 5001 test, you may not pass!
Follow the 5 Steps. They’ll lead you to a Praxis 5001 passing score and on to the teaching career you deserve!
Author: Mark Dahlson
Last updated: 03/21/2020