CSET Science Test Practice Tips To Pass Subtests I, II, III And IVYour CSET Science test date is coming quicker than you think. If you started studying for your California Subject Examinations for Teachers Science exam, you’ve probably become very familiar with your local bookstore. You’ve seen what CSET Science study guides are available. Perhaps you even tried making your own CSET science practice test. Perhaps you created your own flashcards, underlined and highlighted important parts of your prep book or registered for a CSET test prep course.
You should know how to pass the CSET Science subtests just from the courses you took in college right?
There’s a lot to memorize…and little time to do it. If you’re like most California teacher credential candidates of Science, you’re drowning in ‘information overload.’ After all, with the almost unlimited amount of content that could appear on your testing date vs. the limited amount of test prep time, anyone would feel overwhelmed.
After taking some CSET Science practice test questions in books from Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble, you might have noticed that they all look a lot alike. And here’s a little secret: those science books aren’t going to give you the tips, hints and strategies you need to get a passing score on your teaching exam or help you be a science teacher.
What’s The Cost Of CSET Science Study Guide Failure?
We spend years working grunt jobs in order to get through college, take on a small fortune in student loan debt, attend classes, bust our tails for 4 years and when we graduate.
At this point, it’s devastating if you lose the CSET Science prep game.
Your science teaching career is on the line. Mediocre practice for your science subtest is risky at best. Failing the CSET science and having to wait a year or more fulfill your teaching career goals is expensive. A secure $50,000+ per year starting teacher salary to pay your bills and afford a better lifestyle is no minor thing to lose either!
Therefore, it’s time to have a serious talk about CSET Science study guide books.
The Reality Of CSET Science Practice TestsYou know, many qualified California credential candidates don’t pass the CSET science test the first time. Many intelligent and current credentialed science teachers are embarrassed to admit they didn’t pass on the first attempt.
Despite this, it can feel humiliating every time you have to explain to one of your teacher colleagues, school district administrators (where you have a pending teaching application), family or friends you did not pass.
School principals, school district personnel and other educators should be reminded that back in their day, the requirements by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) were much less rigorous. Friends and family should take a look at the types of test questions you’re required to answer correctly on the CSET Science Subtest I: General Science, CSET Science Subtest II: General Science, CSET Science Subtest III: Biology/Life Science, Science Subtest III: Chemistry, Science Subtest III: Earth and Planetary Science, CSET Science Subtest III: Physics and/or Science Subtest IV….
…Then they’ll have so much perspective!
CSET Science Subtests I, II, III And IV: Why Many FailIf you want to pass your CSET Single Subject Science test with flying colors, listen up. Just because a CSET Science practice test worked for one person, doesn’t mean it’s going to work for you!
- It’s a harsh reality that no one wants to face. The authors who wrote your California Subjects Examinations for Teachers science books and practice exams never took this assessment they’re trying to teach you to pass! Make sure most of your CSET science books are by California educators who passed your exam and know the curriculum. (That is, the content of this exam.)
- The CSET Science subtests change over time. Be certain your science preparation materials for are up-to-date so you’re not preparing for an older version of this assessment.
- Find a CSET science study guides created by teachers who passed your specific exam. Former test takers and credentialed educators have been in your shoes. They know what test taking skills you need and what subtopics you need to focus in on. After all, who would you rather get testing tips from: the lowly publishing assistant who never took your science exam and wrote one of those generic science study guides…
…or an educational expert who has actually taken – and passed your specific science examination?
- Don’t assume that because a CSET Science book is sold at your bookstore is the right one for you. Find one that’s geared for your learning style so you can raise your score as time efficiently as possible.
- To save massive time and energy, go to the official Pearson Vue Evaluation Systems website. Take some time to really get a feel for the central topics you’re required to know. This can seem, “Oh, so obvious.” However, before you roll your eyes, know this: Many people fail the CSET Science because they study hard and long hours, but spend little time in the weeks and months before their exam date focused on what’s really tested.
Knowing what your CSET science exam will cover isn’t a hypothesis at all. You know what Science subtest you have to take and the basic competencies assessed. However, make sure you’re crystal clear on the subdomains and core concepts NESINC says you should be proficient in. This will take your exam practice from a mere science experiment to science success that will touch the future.
Most CSET Science practice tests and prep books are typically 3-5 years out of date. That’s usually not going to show us what’s on the exam. Then we don’t pay any attention to what the official test developers and administrators tell us is on the exam!
- Finally, plan your CSET test practice and review schedule tightly around the content knowledge stated by the official website. You’ll save at least 20-40% of the time you might otherwise lose deviating from this focus. It’s the difference between passing and failure for many test takers. Moreover, this activity will take dramatically less time than having to start preparation over again after a failing score.
This Commonly Overlooked Method May Save You A Lot Of Prep Time
So whether your CSET Science subtests cover Astronomy, Dynamic Processes of the Earth, Earth Resources; Waves; Forces and Motion, Electricity and Magnetism, Ecology, Genetics and Evolution, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Cell and Organismal Biology, Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics or Structure and Properties of Matter, save yourself time. Don’t overlook this obvious, but often missed review task. Avoid heart ache later and do the obvious now. Then constantly, revisit the CSET opener page at the official site. Use it as your study guide to the CSET Science test. If you do you’ll hit the mark much more accurately and be rewarded in the exam center.
Go to: More CSET Test Study Guide Book Tips right now.